IQAS assessment for immigration

To immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker, you will need an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for education received outside of Canada.

Explore pages in:
IQAS for immigration

Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)

The ECA is for formal academic/technical education.

An ECA issued by IQAS:

  • is valid for Express Entry for 5 years
  • does not mean that your credentials are recognized for licensure in Canada
  • does not guarantee a job or successful immigration application; but, if you are successful with your immigration application, this assessment may also be used when applying for jobs
  • to learn more about an ECA, visit the IRCC website Educational credential assessment: What it is