IQAS only issues duplicate certificates for the same type of assessment that was previously completed.
A duplicate certificate is an exact copy of the original assessment. IQAS does not update any information on the duplicate certificate except the applicant’s name when necessary. If you need to add a credential to your certificate, you must apply for a new assessment.
ECA assessments are valid for 5 years and you cannot request a duplicate certificate after 5 years from the date your original assessment was issued. If you need an ECA after 5 years, you need to apply for a new assessment.
Basic, Specialized and Educational assessments are valid for 10 years and you cannot request a duplicate certificate after 10 years from the date your original assessment was issued. If you need a Basic, Specialized or Educational assessment after 10 years, you need to apply for a new assessment.
Duplicate certificate fee for each copy: $15
Courier fee for each mailing address: $5
How to order
Step 1. Before you apply
You will need:
- your previous IQAS file number (if available)
- the names and addresses of any institutions or organizations IQAS should send copies to (if applicable)
Step 2. Apply online and pay fees
To request a duplicate copy of your assessment certificate, go to the IQAS application portal:
- if you applied before November 26, 2018, create a portal account
- if you applied after November 26, 2018, log in using your username
After you log into the IQAS application portal:
- click on ‘Request Additional Assessment Certificate’ on the portal main page
- from ‘Application’ drop down field, click on the IQAS application number for which you want to request a duplicate certificate
- complete all the required fields and submit your request
- pay the request fee
Instructions on how to pay your fees are in the IQAS application portal.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.