2018 applications are now closed.
The United Nations recognizes December 3 as the International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPD). The Premier’s Council on the Status of Persons with Disabilities provides grants to help community groups hold IDPD events that:
- raise awareness about the importance and value of respecting differences, accepting and including persons with disabilities
- align with the guiding principle of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
You can apply for funds to hold IDPD events that:
- raise awareness and demonstrate the importance of including persons with disabilities in the broader community
- are inclusive and open to all
- are organized and hosted by community groups and agencies working collaboratively as a committee
- held on or around December 3
Grants may cover expenses for barrier-free access, such as:
- sign language interpreters
- real-time captioning
- equipment rental to accommodate specific disability needs
- hall rentals
Your committee can apply for a grant of up to $1,500.
How to apply
The application period for 2018 is now closed.
Step 1. Complete the application form
- If you need a nomination form in an alternate format, please contact the Council office.
- It is important the application and supporting documents do not exceed 6 pages.
- Any missing information may result in the application not being accepted.
Step 2. Submit application
If you are unable to email or if you require further information, contact the Council office:
Phone: 780-422-1095 (Edmonton and area)
Toll free: 310-0000, then the number
TTY: 711 for the message relay service
After you apply
- Your committee will get a letter and grant funding agreement if your application is successful.
- Read the agreement to learn how the grant funding will reimburse your expenses.
- Complete, sign and return the agreement to the Premier’s Council Secretariat to confirm your committee will organize and host the event.
- Make sure to recognize the Premier’s Council as a sponsor in your communication and promotional materials.
To contact the Premier’s Council Secretariat:
Suite 1110, 10055 106 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 2Y2
You can also connect with us on Twitter.