The United Nations recognizes December 3 as the International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPD). The Premier’s Council on the Status of Persons with Disabilities provides grants to help community groups hold IDPD events that:
- raise awareness about the importance and value of respecting differences, accepting and including persons with disabilities
- align with the guiding principles of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
Applications are now being accepted.
Application deadline: July 28, 2023
You can apply for funds to collaborate as 1 of 3 organizations to co-host a virtual provincial IDPD event that:
- raises awareness and demonstrate the importance of including persons with disabilities in the broader community
- is inclusive and open to all
- is held on December 3
This grant may cover expenses for barrier-free access, such as:
- sign language interpreters
- real-time captioning
- equipment rental to accommodate specific disability needs
- technology costs
A grant of up to $3,000 will be provided to offset costs of the collaborative event.
How to apply
Step 1. Complete the application form
Download and complete the 2023 virtual provincial event grant application form (PDF, 239 KB)
- If you need an application form in an alternate format, contact the Council office.
- Any missing information may result in the application not being accepted.
Step 2. Submit application
If you are unable to email or if you require further information, contact the Council office.
Application deadline for the 2023 IDPD Virtual Event Grant: July 28, 2023.
After you apply
If your application is successful, your organization will be invited to collaborate with up to 2 other organizations to plan the virtual provincial event. The specifics of the grant funding distribution will be discussed with the successful applicants.
Successful applications will be invited to sign a joint grant agreement.
- Read the agreement to learn how the grant funding will reimburse your expenses.
- Complete, sign and return the joint agreement to the Premier’s Council Secretariat to confirm your organization’s participation in the collaborative event.
- Make sure to recognize the Premier’s Council as a sponsor in your communication and promotional materials.
Connect with the Premier’s Council Secretariat:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Toll free: dial 310-0000 before the phone number (in Alberta)
TTY: 711 for the message relay service
Email: [email protected]
Suite 1110, 10055 106 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 2Y2
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.