This grant is to help Indigenous communities and municipalities:
- look at different policing models
- create a feasibility study or business case for a
- local, self-administered police service, or
- regional policing model
Grant money can be used to help pay for researching:
- local public safety needs
- capital requirements
- transition considerations
Communities can get up to $30,000 with this grant.
The total budget for this grant program is $6 million over the next 2 years.
Applicants must be an elected official or administrator for one of these types of communities in Alberta:
- First Nation
- Metis Settlement
- municipal government
How to apply
Eligible communities can apply by email.
Email [email protected] for a grant application or for other details and instructions.
Connect with the Indigenous and Municipal Police Transition Study Grant Program.
Email: [email protected]