Information is available for individuals evacuating to Alberta from Northwest Territories wildfires. Learn more.
Highway 27 plays a key role in supporting the growth and development of several central Alberta communities. Within the Town of Sundre, Highway 27 is also a designated Over Sized Over Weight (OSOW) route. This project will support safer, more efficient travel through this area.
The project will include:
- single lane roundabout at Highways 27/22/584/RR54 (10 Street)
- permanent roundabouts at 2 Street West, 3 Street West and 4 Street West
- intersection improvements at 1 Street West, Center Street, and new traffic signals at the intersection of Highway 760 and Highway 27
- bridge approach slab improvements for the eastbound movement.
- pavement rehabilitation, safety improvements to curb/gutter/sidewalk, access management and lighting improvements
- 2023 (Spring/Summer) – Pre-construction activities (utility relocation)
- 2023 (Fall) – Tendering
- 2024 (April to October) – Construction activities
- 2024 (November) – Construction completion (contingent on weather)
This project will support safer, more efficient traffic flow within the Town of Sundre.
- Highway 27 Construction – Information sheet (PDF, 422 KB)
- Display Boards (PDF, 23.5 MB) – June 28, 2022 Information Session
- Highway 27 Construction: Question and Answers (PDF, 234 KB) – June 28, 2022 Information Session
For further information about this project, contact:
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.