COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
New temporary measures to reduce transmission and protect our health care system come into effect starting September 20.
Temporary measures include capacity and operating restrictions unless in-scope businesses, entities and organizers participate in the Restrictions Exemption Program. Masks are mandatory in all indoor public spaces, workplaces, and places of worship.
Updated general guidance offering optional mitigations to reduce the transmission risk of COVID-19 and other respiratory illnesses is available to businesses and event organizers who would like to continue additional precautions. Sector-specific guidance from previous stages of Alberta’s reopening is also available for additional reference.
The information and suggestions outlined in these documents are optional, and it is up to the individual business to determine what measures, if any, to implement.
General guidance and resources
- General guidance for COVID-19 and other respiratory illnesses (September 2021)
- Requirements for the Restrictions Exemption Program (September 2021)
- Alberta Health daily checklist (October 2020)
- Industry-initiated COVID-19 testing (June 2021)
- Non-medical face masks for the general public (September 2021)
- OHS resources
- Public health orders
Current sector guidance
- Camps (September 2021)
- Children activities (July 2021)
- Elections (September 2021)
- Family day homes (September 2021)
- Preschools, daycare and out-of-school care (September 2021)
- Schools (K to 12) (October 2021)
- Resource guide for managing COVID-19 cases in school (K-12) settings (October 2021)
Archived sector guidance (pre-stage 3)
- Casinos, VLTS and bingos (June 2021)
- Food service and sales (June 10, 2021)
- Homeless shelters (AHS)
- Industrial work camps(June 2020)
- Performing arts (June 10, 2021)
- Personal and wellness services (June 10, 2021)
- Recreation and entertainment facilities (June 2021)
- Retail businesses (June 2021)
- Screen-based production industry (May 2021)
- Sport, fitness and recreation (June 10, 2021)
- Weddings and funerals (June 10, 2021)
Find more sector-specific guidance.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.