COVID-19 Updates: Protecting Albertans from the Omicron variant.
Current STANDATAs for storage tanks:
- 19-FCB-007, Permitting and Inspections of Storage Tank Systems within the Province of Alberta
- 19-FCI-018, Certification of Contractors for Storage Tank Systems19-FCI-015, National Fire Code – 2019 Alberta Edition (NFC(AE)) Storage Tank System Inspections and Inventory Control
Fuel tank management
Municipalities accredited in Part 4 of the National Fire Code – 2019 Alberta Edition will continue administering related permitting and inspections as per their Quality Management Plan.
Effective June 8, 2020, administration of storage fuel tanks program in unaccredited areas of Alberta was transferred to the Alberta Safety Codes Authority (ASCA) and includes the following:
- Permitting in areas unaccredited in Part 4 of the National Fire Code – 2019 Alberta Edition.
- Inspections of newly permitted flammable and combustible liquid storage tank system installations or alterations in unaccredited areas of the province.
- Routine and follow-up inspections of existing flammable and combustible liquid storage tank systems in unaccredited areas.
- Overseeing spill and incident reporting requirements for tank operators.
- More information is available on the Safety Codes Council website.
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.