Fires in Alberta are reported by safety codes officers certified in the fire discipline and by members of the insurance industry handling fire loss claims.
Fires are reported online, with paper report forms available as a backup. The Fire Electronic Reporting System (FERS) is accessed through the Municipal Affairs milenet system.
Fire reporting agencies can obtain secure access to FERS by signing a milenet agreement.
Fire manual and forms
Contact number for fire reporting questions:
Fire Statistics Reporting Manual
PDF form issues
Fillable PDF forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save the form:
- Save the PDF form to your computer – click or right-click the link and download the form.
- Open the PDF form with Adobe Reader. Fill it in and save it.
If you are still having problems opening the form, contact PDF form technical support.
- Fire Report - Fire Report is for Fire Safety Codes Officers use only
- Insurance Report
- Occupant Report
- Fire Casualty Report
- Smoke Detector / Alarm Report
Alberta Municipal Affairs MileNet
Interactive Fire Data Analysis
The Interactive Fire Data Analysis (IFDA) yields a limited range of fire-loss statistics based on the most current 10-year fire incident data. The data tables are designed to meet frequent requests from clients.
For more information, email: [email protected].
Fire statistics reports
The following reports may not reflect current trends in Alberta. Information should be treated as historical information only.
Fire Commissioner's statistical reports
Fire statistics research reports
- Children and Youth Playing with Fire 2000–2009
- Fire Losses in Buildings under Construction
- Fire Losses in Vacant Residential Properties 2000-2009
- Fireworks 2001–2010
- Apartment Fires in Calgary and Edmonton 2000–2012
- Fire Losses in Parking Garages 2000-2009
- Fire Losses in Multi-family Dwellings 2000-2009
- Fire Losses in First Nations' and Indian Reserves 2000–2009
- Cooking Oil: A Home Fire Hazard in Alberta, Canada (1997) (in Fire Technology)
- Fire Risk Assessment Document 1
- Fire Risk Assessment Document 2
- Fire Risk Assessment Document 3
- Canada Safety Council-Duracell Fire Safety Study
Other fire services