Permits are issued to ensure the safety of:
- motorists travelling the provincial highway
- event attendees or filming participants
Applying for a permit also ensures you are aware of any scheduled construction or maintenance work during your event or filming.
You cannot film on or hold an event by a provincial highway before a permit has been issued.
Permits are subject to the:
How to apply
We will not process:
- incomplete applications
- special event applications received less than 30 business days before the event
- filming applications received less than 10 business days before filming
Step 1. Contact the area’s District Office
Ask the district office contact if your event or commercial filming requires a permit.
Step 2. Complete the application form
- print your responses
- provide all of the information requested
- include as much detail as possible
Step 3. Submit the form
Submit the completed form to the appropriate District Office:
- by email (in PDF format)
- by fax
- by mail
- in person
For more information about highway development and permits:
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.