- works to protect and enhance Alberta’s environment and ecosystems to ensure a sustainable future, making life better for Albertans
- works with Albertans, Indigenous communities and stakeholders to ensure the province’s environmental, social and economic outcomes for the future are met
- engages Albertans to understand the challenges in ensuring Alberta’s natural resources are managed using innovative and responsible approaches
- Alberta’s Environmental Science Program provides data, information and reporting on the condition of the environment in Alberta.
- The Office of the Chief Scientist coordinates delivery of Alberta’s Environmental Science Program to provide data and reporting on the condition of Alberta’s environment.
- Learn about vulnerable species at risk of disappearing from the province and Alberta’s strategies to monitor and protect them.
- Alberta’s Extended Producer Responsibility System shifts the physical and financial burden of collecting, sorting, processing and recycling waste to product producers and away from local governments and taxpayers.
Learn about how the province is investing in innovative, clean technology and emissions-reduction programs.
Charting Alberta’s course to cut emissions, attract investment, and grow the economy.
Alberta river conditions and advisories
Visit the Alberta River Basins website for current advisories on watercourses throughout the province.
Discover more about Alberta’s air quality, air quality measurements and how it is affected by natural and human sources.
Alberta is at risk of droughts and water shortages. Everyone can help do their part.
- Feb 21, 2024
Alberta is launching a new at-risk species plan to protect an endangered hawk and send population numbers soaring.
- Feb 12, 2024
Albertans are invited to shape how the Springbank Off-stream Reservoir is used when not full of water.
- Feb 7, 2024
Alberta’s new Water Advisory Committee will help prepare for drought and work to make every drop count in 2024.