Dual credit enhancement grant applications for 2022/2023 are now closed.
Apply for funding
There is a $3 million funding commitment for the 2022/23 school year. Eligible school authorities were able to apply for one dual credit enhancement grant of up to $100,000 for the 2022/2023 school year.
School authorities can use the grant to purchase new equipment or upgrade facilities to meet industry standards and better connect students to today’s workforce through enhancements to existing dual credit opportunities.
The following school authorities and schools may apply:
- First Nations/First Nation Education Authorities
- public charter
- accredited funded independent (private)
The dual credit enhancement must:
- be used to purchase new equipment or upgrade facilities to meet industry standards
- attract students and connect them to today’s workforce
- align with students’ interests and needs
- help students develop essential technical skills to prepare them for further education or the job market
The application review takes up to 3 weeks from the application closing date.
Once the review is complete, applicants will receive an email notifying them about their application status. If dual credit enhancement funding is approved, it will be distributed to the lead school authority at the beginning of the following school year.
Enhancement Grant Reporting Deadline: July 31 annually
School authorities must report on the dual credit enhancement funding allocated for a school year by July 31. The report needs to identify:
- expenses for the school year
- a description of the enhancement
- how the enhancement benefits students
- how many students were impacted
If school authorities have not spent the enhancement grant funding they were allocated, it can be carried forward to the next school year. Once that school year ends, another report needs to be submitted for the reallocated amount.
The lead school authority is responsible for completing and submitting the report by using the interactive Dual Credit Enhancement Funding Grant Reporting Template.
Connect with the Alberta Education Dual Credit program:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.