Dual credit course code application deadlines for 2021/22:
Summer school and semester 1 courses: May 1, 2022
Semester 2 courses: November 1, 2022
New course codes are required when school authorities design new dual credit programming for high school students. If the learning opportunities are being offered through a partnership, it is up to the lead school authority to apply for the codes.
Provincial dual credit pathways have existing course codes. School authorities do not need to apply to use them.
Find out more about dual credit planning and programming.
How to apply
Step 1. Review the guiding documents
Make sure the new dual credit course aligns with the description, guiding principles and criteria in the:
- Alberta Dual Credit Framework
- Dual Credit Implementation Guide: Supporting the Alberta Dual Credit Framework
Step 2. Meet the requirements
The new dual credit course:
- does not replace a diploma equivalent course or a Career and Technology Studies (CTS) program, either in English or French
- aligns with student interests and needs
- is connected to a local or provincial labour market need
- has received school authority approval
- will not begin before the authorized start-date
Step 3. Complete the application
PDF form issues
Fillable PDF forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save the form:
- Save the PDF form to your computer – click or right-click the link and download the form.
- Open the PDF form with Adobe Reader. Fill it in and save it.
If you are still having problems opening the form, contact PDF form technical support.
Use one Dual Credit Course Code Application for:
- multiple course codes within the same dual credit programming area
- partnerships with other school authorities, with the lead authority submitting the application package
Step 4. Submit the application package
Email the application to [email protected].
After you apply
The application review process takes 4 to 6 weeks from the submission date. If new course codes are authorized, they will be emailed to the lead school authority and all partners.
Connect with the Alberta Education Dual Credit program:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.