COVID-19: State of public health emergency declared. Mandatory measures are in effect.
The Board Development Program publishes information bulletins on a variety of board-related issues. Each bulletin covers special areas that are relevant to non-profit board members and senior staff looking for information about improving skills and gaining knowledge in governance.
- Information on promoting a cause and managing public perception and understanding.
- Help for setting priorities, controlling finances and managing sources and timing of revenues.
- Recruiting appropriate volunteers to serve on your board and keeping board members motivated and satisfied.
- Steps and techniques that can help boards represent the communities they serve and should reflect the diversity found in the community.
- Material on committee reporting, terms of reference and levels of authority.
- Information on the key areas of policy development and how to develop effective policy.
- Explores the role of the Board Chair and how to encourage people to participate in board meetings.
- Guidelines on how to regularly evaluate the performance of the Executive Director.
- Information about the responsibilities of managing an organization's finances.
- Information on how to hire an Executive Director that is a good match for all.
- Ways your organization can pool time and talent to maximize effectiveness in meeting community needs
- How to have effective and efficient meetings.
- Information about what the board does and the responsibilities of being a board member.
- Material to help you make an informed decision about joining a board.
- Information on how to get started on the strategic planning process.
- What makes a healthy board, how it can stay strong and dynamic and how to deal with difficult challenges.
- How to successfully fundraise as a team.
- Simple explanations to make the task of reading and understanding financial statements easier
- Seven steps to help you recruit and retain members.
- A step-by-step outline to preparing a grant application.
You can reprint any of the articles in the information bulletins as long as you:
- credit and/or cite the source of the articles
- email us a copy of the publication that the articles are reprinted in
The Board Development Program reserves the right to deny reprinting privileges.
To access services from the Board Development Program, please email [email protected].