EMERGENCY: Alberta has declared a Public Health Emergency to protect the health care system from COVID-19. Indoor social gatherings are the top source of transmission. All indoor social gatherings have now been banned. This ban will be enforced with $1,000 fines. Learn more
- Register for a webinar to learn more about Employment Standards rules and responsibilities.
- Webinars are free and can be accessed from the comfort of your home or office.
- Webinars include the opportunity to ask questions about Employment Standards.
- You need to sign up in advance to reserve your seat in a webinar.
- Recordings of previously held webinars will also be available for on-demand access.
- It's recommended that you do not use Internet Explorer when participating in a webinar. Recommended browsers include Chrome and Firefox.
Register for an upcoming webinar.
Register to attend
A list of scheduled sessions and registration information is now available. Every individual who wants to attend a webinar needs to sign up in order to reserve their seat. Registration is on a first come, first served basis. Registration at least 24 hours in advance is strongly encouraged.
A link for the webinar will be provided by email before the date of the webinar. Watch your inbox for updates. Check your spam/junk folder if you do not receive a confirmation email.
Recordings of webinars
Recordings of webinars will be posted here. You can watch a previously recorded webinar anytime it’s convenient for you. There is no need to sign up, just click a video to get started.
Recent employment standards changes – posted October 20, 2020
This information session provides an overview of recent employment standards changes to temporary layoffs, group terminations, variances and exemptions and COVID-19 job-protected leaves.
Employment standards changes in effect November 1, 2020 – posted November 27, 2020
This information session provides an overview of new employment standards rules that took effect November 1, 2020. Topics include payment of earnings, statement of earnings, deductions, rest periods, average daily wage, vacation entitlements, averaging arrangements, temporary layoff, youth employment and administrative penalties.