Changes to general holiday pay and overtime banking that were passed as part of Bill 2: An Act to Make Alberta Open for Business take effect September 1. This page has been updated to reflect these new rules.
- Register for a webinar to learn more about Employment Standards rules and responsibilities.
- Webinars are free and can be accessed from the comfort of your home or office.
- Webinars include the opportunity to ask questions about Employment Standards.
- You need to sign up in advance to reserve your seat in a webinar.
- Recordings of previously held webinars will also be available for on-demand access.
- It's recommended that you don't use Internet Explorer when participating in a webinar. Recommended browsers include Chrome and Firefox.
Register for an upcoming webinar.
Register to attend
A list of scheduled sessions and registration information is now available. Every individual who wants to attend a webinar needs to sign up in order to reserve their seat. Registration is on a first come, first served basis. Registration at least 24 hours in advance is strongly encouraged.
A link for the webinar will be provided by email before the date of the webinar. Watch your inbox for updates. Check your spam/junk folder if you do not receive a confirmation email.
Recordings of previous webinars
Recordings of previously held webinars will be posted here. You can watch a previously recorded webinar anytime it’s convenient for you. There’s no need to sign up, just click a video to get started.
- This information session provides in-depth information relating to employment standards rules for averaging agreements in Alberta.
- This information session provides in-depth information relating to employment standards rules around general holiday and vacation entitlements in Alberta.
- This information session provides in-depth information relating to employment standards rules around hours of work and pay in Alberta.
- This information session provides a general overview of Employment Standards in Alberta.
- This information session provides an overview of Employment Standards changes in Alberta as of September 1, 2019. This includes banked overtime and overtime agreements, general holiday pay, and youth employment, including the job creation student wage.