Posters, brochures and tool kit - Employment standards
Download or order posters, brochures and other material that explain employment standards rules.
- Employment Standards has publications available for download or in print.
- All publications are free of charge.
Posters provide a quick reference for Employment Standards rules. There are 3 posters available:
Tool kit for employers
Learn comprehensively about the minimum standards for employment in Alberta, including the rules effective January 1, 2018. Includes examples and detailed information on how employment standards apply to employers.
Digital download - High resolution (PDF, 14 MB)
Digital download - Low resolution (PDF, 1 MB)
Associations, business and industry groups, non-profits, professions and unions can use the resources below to inform your membership and partners about changes to the Employment Standards Code.
Copy and paste the text below and place it on your website, social media and/or email newsletters.
Changes to Alberta Employment Standards Code and Regulations came into effect January 1, 2018. These changes help ensure your business remains competitive and provides good jobs for Albertans.
- new job-protected sick leave, critical illness leave, bereavement leave and more
- expanded maternity and parental leave to make maximum use of Employment Insurance
- new tools for government to recover unpaid wages, including penalties for employers
- reduced eligibilty requirements for leaves and general holiday pay
- improved rules on overtime, work scheduling agreements and wage deductions
Learn more about the changes and how they affect you at alberta.ca/ESchanges.
Sample social media posts
Changes to the Employment Standards Code is now in effect, including expanded compassionate care, maternity/paternity leaves and job-protected time off for illness, injury and bereavement. Learn more alberta.ca/ESchanges.
Your employees now have job-protected sick leave, bereavement leave and critically ill adult and child leave. Alberta's Employment Standards Code took the first major step forward in 30 years. Learn how this affects you at alberta.ca/ESchanges.
Alberta's new Employment Standards Code is now in effect. Find tools and resources to help you and your employees better understand these changes at alberta.ca/ESchanges.
Use the images below on your website and link them to alberta.ca/ESchanges.