COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
For COVID-19 preparation and prevention visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Disasters can happen with little or no warning. If a disaster happened tomorrow, how long could you and your family survive without assistance?
During a disaster it may take emergency workers sometime to reach you. You should be prepared to take care of yourself and your family for at least 72 hours.
In an emergency you should:
- follow your emergency plan
- use your emergency kit
- make sure you are safe before assisting others
- monitor alerts from Alberta Emergency Alert
- listen to radio and TV for more information from local authorities
- listen to instructions from authorities – you might be advised to evacuate or stay where you are
Survey to Albertans
In May of 2021, Albertans were surveyed to gather data on emergency preparedness awareness, attitudes and behaviours to inform program development that will improve individual and community resilience in Alberta.
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.