Commercial Vehicle Safety Compliance in Alberta
Carrier Services has prepared the Commercial Vehicle Safety Compliance in Alberta education manual to assist commercial truck and bus companies and their employees to operate safely and in a manner which is compliant with legislation relevant to the National Safety Code.
These documents serve only as a guide and cannot replace regulatory legislation however, every effort has been made to ensure the information in these documents is accurate at the time of preparation. The material in these documents is not intended to represent a full training course in any subject area covered, nor is it intended to be reproduced or sold for commercial purposes or financial gain.
The manual covers a number of subjects that may assist commercial carriers and drivers when:
- A carrier first applies for a Safety Fitness Certificate;
- A driver or safety officer wants to know more about specific regulatory requirements (such as hours of service or cargo securement);
- A carrier or driver wants to proactively upgrade their knowledge and understanding of best practices and regulatory requirements;
- A carrier has been identified by Carrier Services' on-road data monitoring program and wants to get ideas on how to improve their on-road and/or administrative programs; and
- A carrier has been directed by the Registrar to improve their programs (either in general or by satisfying specific conditions) and needs to better understand how they might do this.
Hardcopies of the education manual can be purchased from the Alberta Motor Transport Association (AMTA) at:
If you have questions regarding commercial vehicle, driver or owner compliance requirements that are not answered on this website or if you would like to provide comments and suggestions on how to improve this education manual, please contact Carrier Services.