If you have a complaint about a victim services unit or the Financial Benefits Program, file a complaint through the contact information below.

Victims also have the right to file a complaint with all provincial and federal departments and agencies involved in the criminal justice process, including police services, RCMP and court services.

Victim services units

Complaints about victim services units can be made in person or in writing. If you aren’t sure where to send your complaint, or aren’t comfortable making a complaint, you can ask for help from the Director of Victims Services:


780-427-3460 (Edmonton)

310-0000, then 780-427-3460 (toll-free in Alberta)


Director of Victims Services
Alberta Justice and Solicitor General
10th Floor, John E. Brownlee Building
10365 97 Street
Edmonton, Alberta  T5J 3W7

Financial Benefits Program for victims of crime

For complaints about a process in the Financial Benefits Program, contact the program manager.


780-427-7217 (Edmonton)

310-0000, then 780-427-7217 (toll-free in Alberta)

Was this page helpful?

All fields are required unless otherwise indicated.

Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.

You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.