To file a complaint
- Contact the appropriate civil enforcement agency.
- Clearly describe your concern.
- Identify what resolution you’d like to occur.
If your complaint isn’t resolved
- Prepare a letter or email that:
- describes your concerns
- contains both yours and the other party’s name and contact information
- includes copies of any communication that you’ve had with the civil enforcement agency
- Send your letter or email to:
Office of the Sheriff – Civil Enforcement
Alberta Justice and Solicitor General
Justice Services Division
2nd Floor, 108th Street Building
9942 - 108 Street
Edmonton, AB T5K 2J5
Responding to you
Based on your letter or email, the Office of the Sheriff – Civil Enforcement may choose to:
- conduct an investigation if there appears to be an act of misconduct committed by a civil enforcement agency employee (eg, bailiff)
- resolve your complaint through another dispute resolution process
The Office will contact you about the outcome of your complaint.
The Office doesn’t deal with complaints regarding legal decisions. Such matters involve appeals at the Court of Appeal.