Rights and complaints

Make a complaint about a security or locksmith service, or your treatment during the criminal justice process.


If you were injured while under the care of Alberta Child Welfare, up until February 19, 2008, you may be eligible to receive a settlement.

If you feel you weren’t treated fairly during the property seizure or eviction process, you can file a complaint with the agency involved.

If you have a concern about a person or business that provides security, locksmith or investigation services, you can file a complaint.

How to appeal the decision on a complaint against a police officer or the cancellation of a peace officer’s appointment.

If you feel you were not treated fairly during the criminal justice process, you can send a complaint to any of the organizations involved.

If you feel you were not treated fairly by a victim services unit, or by the Victims of Crime Assistance Program, you can file a complaint.