The Child Support Resolution (CSR) program is mandatory for all applications for child support by self-represented parties in the Court of Queen’s Bench.
You will meet with an officer for a one hour appointment. The officer is a family lawyer who will calculate child support amounts and help you to resolve your child support dispute.
If you and the other party reach an agreement, a Consent Order can be typed up for you to sign and then be reviewed by a judge, without you having to go to court.
If you are applying to change child support (you are the applicant) and have hired a lawyer, you do not qualify for the CSR program.
If you are receiving income support through Community and Social Services, you might not qualify for this program. Contact the CSR program for more information.
How to book an appointment
If you are concerned for your safety, inform staff at the time of booking.
Step 1. Gather your documents
- complete tax returns from the past 3 years
- Notice of Assessment – a tax status form – from the past 3 years
- last 3 pay stubs or other proof of income for this tax year – if you're self-employed or a business owner, the last 3 financial statements of that business
- if you are self-employed or a business owner, bring the last 3 financial statements of that business
- a copy of the most recent child support order
- list of what you spend on special expenses, including receipts if possible
- any other important documents that might affect the amount of child support
- Maintenance Enforcement Program (MEP) statement of account if you are currently using MEP
Step 2. Fill out the form
Fill out the CSR Financial Statement form (PDF, 2 MB)
Step 3. Register at the CSR office
Bring all of the above documents and forms with you to the CSR office. Have your CSR Financial Statement form sworn by the CSR clerk.
If you do not have all the required documents, you will not be allowed to book an appointment.
Connect with the CSR Office.
Hours: 8:15 am to 3:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Suite 8124, John E. Brownlee Bldg.
10365-97 Street NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 3W7
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.