Federal-provincial child care agreement
On November 15, 2021, the Alberta and federal governments announced an agreement to reduce child care fees by an average of 50% in early 2022 and to provide $10 per day fees, on average, by 2026. Learn more about this historic agreement.
Choosing quality child care for your family is a very important decision. You want to find a safe, healthy environment that supports the social, physical, intellectual, creative and emotional development of your children. New legislation provides more clarity and transparency for parents, early childhood educators and child care providers.
Parents and families
Get information on accessing child care in Alberta, and find resources to help choose the best child care option. Find out more.
Child care programs and educators
Find out about wage top-ups, professional development funding, certification, and other resources and supports. Find out more.
How to access child care in Alberta, and resources to help you choose the best child care option.
Lower-income families can apply for a subsidy to offset the cost of child care.
Licensed child care programs can submit monthly claims for all subsidy, wage top-up and professional development payments.
Child Care Connect
Parents can call our toll-free line at: 1-844-644-5165
- Learn about child care options in your area.
- Get help finding the licensed child care program in your community that works best for your family.
- Find out if your unlicensed provider has been issued an order to stop providing child care within the past 24 months.
- Report concerns, complaints or incidents related to a child care program.
- Relief for working parents | Aide aux parents travailleurs (February 24, 2021)
- New legislation supports safe, accessible and high-quality child care | Nouvelle législation pour appuyer des services de garde d'enfants sûrs, accessibles et de qualité (October 28, 2020)
- More support to help relaunch child care sector | Un soutien accru pour aider à relancer le secteur de la garde d'enfants (September 22, 2020)
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.