COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
Licensed facility-based child care
- Guidance for Licensed Child Care Centres (Daycares and Out-of-School Care)
- Alberta Biz Connect – additional workplace guidance and supports to help businesses and non-profits affected by COVID-19 begin to reopen and resume operations safely
- See all public health orders
Home-based child care
Licensed home-based child care
- Family day home educators operating under licensed agencies can offer child care for up to 6 children not including their own.
Unlicensed child care
- Unlicensed child care programs can provide child care for up to 6 children, not including their own, at any given time. We do not monitor unlicensed or private child care arrangements but can issue closures if they are over this limit.
- Enhanced sanitation practices should be used by all home-based child care providers, whether they are licensed or unlicensed:
- routinely clean and disinfect any surface that people regularly touch
- handwashing facilities or hand sanitizer must be available to children
- visitors and children should not enter if they are feeling unwell
- visitors should wash their hands frequently
- Guidance for family day homes under licensed agencies and group family child care programs
Find child care
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.