- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Vaccines open now: Everyone 55+. Many 16+ with health conditions.
You can apply to change your Custody and Access Order if you want travel with your child but the other guardian won’t give you signed consent.
How to apply if an order is from Alberta
Step 1. Prepare the forms
In the Application to Change Custody and Access info pack (0.1 MB), fill out these forms:
- Family Law Application to Change Custody and Access
- Affidavit – Changing Custody and Access
- Affidavit of Personal Service
Speak with a court forms information coordinator if you need assistance.
Step 2. File your order
Do this at the same court, in the same location, where you’ve either:
- already been to court with the other party
- started any court action that hasn’t gone to court
If you haven’t done either of these things, file your claim at any court in Alberta.
Note: If you don’t come to court, the judge may make an order in your absence.
How to apply if an order is from outside Alberta
Make an application to have your order registered and enforced in Alberta by following these steps.
Step 1. Get a certified copy of the original order
Step 2. Fill out the forms
In the Originating Application Under the Extra-provincial Enforcement of Custody Orders Act info pack (0.1 MB), fill out these forms:
- Originating Application
- Affidavit of Service
Step 3. File your claim
Bring the forms and certified copy to any court in Alberta to file your claim.