Our application forms have changed
To avoid delays in processing, ensure you use the most recent forms available on this page.
Old versions of the forms will not be accepted as of March 1, 2021.
A Cemetery Pre-Need Contract Salesperson Licence authorizes a person to solicit to enter or enter into pre-need contracts as an agent for a business who holds a pre-need contract sales licence.
If you do not require this licence, you do not need to proceed further.
How to apply
You will need:
- a completed application form
- a criminal record check or police information check
- proof of qualifying examination
- payment for a licensing fee
To get started, follow the instructions below to save and open the application form.
Trouble opening or completing PDF forms?
Fillable forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save this form:
- Click on the PDF link to save it on your computer.
- Launch Adobe Reader.
- Open the PDF from within Adobe Reader. You can now fill and save your form.
A person who holds a pre-need contract sales license for monuments must notify Service Alberta in writing within 5 days of any change to the name or address of the business locations they work for.
It is your responsibility to ensure your licence is in force as long as you continue to do business. Once your licence is issued make note of the expiry date and ensure your licence is renewed prior to this date.
Note: applicant, directors, officers and partners are required to read the Cemeteries Act and its regulations associated with this licence and understand that certain sections are of significance, including but not limited to the specific sections noted below.
- Part 4 regarding Pre-Need Sale of Cemetery Supplies and Services
- Sections 3, 4, and 5 regarding contracts
- Section 6 regarding change of a salesperson's agency
- Section 7 regarding training programs
- Section 8 regarding continuing education
- Section 9 regarding transfer of money to authorized trustee
- Section 10 regarding period for transfer exemption
- Section 11 regarding maximum administration fee
- Section 12 regarding trustee's remuneration
- Section 13 regarding reporting to director
Prohibited practices include, but are not limited to:
- Phone and door-to-door contacts selling pre-need cemetery goods are prohibited unless specifically requested by the consumer. All other forms of direct sale, including mailing or distribution of brochures or other sales material, and other types of advertising in the media and online can continue.
Copies of legislation can be obtained from the Alberta Queen’s Printer.