While cannabis is legal in Canada, cannabis use may be restricted in condos (owned and rented), apartments and rental homes.
Any cannabis restrictions should be clearly set out in the rental agreement or the condominium bylaws.
A landlord or condominium corporation may prohibit in their buildings or on their properties:
- smoking of all substances, including cannabis
- non-smoking consumption of cannabis
- growing cannabis plants
Occupants and condo owners should:
- check the rental agreement or condo bylaws for cannabis restrictions
- not smoke cannabis or other substances where it's prohibited
- not grow or consume cannabis where it's prohibited
For renters, landlords and condo owners: