Unemployed Albertans from Banff to Strathmore and Crossfield to Claresholm can get the support you need to find new jobs, access training and be successful in your job search.
Employment services directory
Find employment and training programs offered through an extensive network of community organizations, non-profit agencies, colleges, private schools, businesses and employer organizations, including:
- short-term training and skills development
- career counselling and academic upgrading
- resume, cover letter and interview preparation
- services for persons with disabilities
Calgary Employment services directory includes:
- Academic Upgrading
- Career and Employment Services
- Computer Access
- Computer Skills Training
- Counselling and Support Services
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Programs
- Immigrant Bridging
- Immigrant Training and Employment Programs and Services
- Occupational Skills Training
- Persons with Disabilities
- Pre-Employment Programs
- Self-Employment Programs
- Services in French
- Temporary Employment Opportunities
- Workplace Training
- Youth Programs
Additional Training for Work programs are available through Alberta Labour.
Employment bulletin, career fairs and events
Learn about upcoming career fairs and events in Calgary and surrounding area every Friday in the Employment Bulletin.
This information is collected so that we may provide you with updates.
The personal information is being collected and used pursuant to section 33(c) and section 39(1)(a) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act.
Questions regarding the collection, use, or disclosure of this information, may be directed to Calgary Regional Communications at email@example.com.
Questions about the FOIP Act may be directed to the Executive Council FOIP Office at 780-638-4700.
When attending career fairs, you should bring copies of your resume and be prepared to be interviewed on site. Learn how to prepare for an interview or develop a resume by stopping by your local Alberta Supports Centre (call 1‑877‑644‑9992 to find your closest one) or visit alis for information on careers, learning, and employment in Alberta.
Career and employment workshops
Due to concerns over the spread of COVID-19, the Government of Alberta is cancelling all career and employment workshops until further notice.
Help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
For more information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Information for service providers
Contracting with us
Find out about contracting opportunities and requests for proposals advertised on the Alberta Purchasing Connection electronic tendering service.
Calgary labour market information
Quarterly labour market reports
Learn about Calgary’s economy, housing market and labour force and see what employers in the area are saying about employment issues and recruitment and retention practices.
Bi-annual labour market forecasts
Get a short-term forecast twice a year for Calgary region’s economic growth, employment demand, and its occupation supply, needs and shortages.
Get labour market insights on specific topics through information collected from employers in Calgary and area.
- 2017 Technological Change and Impacts on the Workforce report
- 2016 Business diversification report
- 2015 Employee Training and Development report
- 2014 Recruiting and Employing Persons with Disabilities report
- 2013 Youth Recruitment and Retention report