Services and information
- Buying a vehicle from a private seller
Consumer tips for buying a used vehicle privately in Alberta.
- Buying a vehicle from a business
Consumer tips for buying a vehicle from an automotive business in Alberta.
- Comprehensive bill of sale
Businesses must provide buyers with information about the vehicle and sales agreement at the time of purchase.
- Standard bill of sale
A standard bill of sale is used in a private sale to transfer ownership of a vehicle to the new owner.
Buying or selling a vehicle is an important decision that a person makes in their life.
When you are looking to buy or sell a vehicle, it is important to understand the steps involved to make an informed decision.
Find information on:
- how to buy a vehicle from a business
- how to buy a vehicle from a private sale
- comprehensive bill of sales
- standard bill of sales
- the role of the Alberta Motor Vehicle Industry Council (AMVIC)
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding Alberta's automotive industry, please contact:
AMVIC Consumer Services