Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
You can apply for a Custody and Access Order if:
- you want to gain the rights and responsibilities for your child
- you want to gain access rights to visit your child
- your divorce action has started
- your child lives in Alberta
How to apply
Step 1. Prepare the forms
In the Application for Custody and Access info pack (0.1 MB), fill out these forms:
- Family Law Application for Custody and Access
- Affidavit – Custody and Access
- Affidavit of Personal Service
Step 2. File your order
Do this at the same court, in the same location, where you’ve either:
- already been to court with the other party
- started any court action that hasn’t gone to court
If you haven’t done either of these things, file your claim at any court in Alberta.
Note: If you don’t come to court, the judge may make an order in your absence.
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.