- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Vaccines open now: Everyone 55+. Many 16+ with health conditions.
You can apply for a Custody and Access Order if:
- you want to gain the rights and responsibilities for your child
- you want to gain access rights to visit your child
- your divorce action has started
- your child lives in Alberta
How to apply
Step 1. Prepare the forms
In the Application for Custody and Access info pack (0.1 MB), fill out these forms:
- Family Law Application for Custody and Access
- Affidavit – Custody and Access
- Affidavit of Personal Service
Step 2. File your order
Do this at the same court, in the same location, where you’ve either:
- already been to court with the other party
- started any court action that hasn’t gone to court
If you haven’t done either of these things, file your claim at any court in Alberta.
Note: If you don’t come to court, the judge may make an order in your absence.