The Alberta Research Network (ARN) enables Alberta Education to support the research needs of Alberta’s education system in a collaborative manner. It is a coalition of educators, researchers and policy-makers who work to improve the way research evidence is collected, accessed and used across the K-12 education system.
The network provides opportunities and supports for education partners to collaborate on research relevant to Alberta’s education system. Cooperation helps educators identify research trends and gaps, collaborative opportunities and solutions to complex education issues.
How to join
Eligible organizations can nominate a representative to the ARN by emailing [email protected]. This email should come from senior leadership, such as a superintendent or Dean of Education, and include the following information:
Research Partnerships Program
The Research Partnerships Program (RPP) funds research partnerships between school authorities and post-secondary institutions to support high-quality research that will improve student learning. This grant program was created to foster collaborative research and to find ways to turn research findings into action. The program funds K-12 education research projects to:
- better understand important issues
- improve outcomes
- promote sharing of and access to research findings
RPP grant recipients
To date 4 cohorts of studies have been funded through this research grant program.
Cohort 1 priorities
- implementing and evaluating new programs to improve student learning (particularly in math)
- implementing and evaluating inclusive learning environments
- improving outcomes for Indigenous students
Cohort 2 priorities
- implementing Professional Practice Standards for teachers and leaders
- Indigenous education (acting on the 'Promising Practices in Supporting Success for Indigenous Students' study’s findings and furthering the research)
- supporting diversity
Cohort 3 priorities
- social-emotional learning and wellness
- equity in education
- early learning
- interdisciplinary research
Cohort 4 priorities
- learning environments
- vulnerable populations and access
- student and teacher wellness
- learnings from school re-entry
Connect with Alberta Education's Research Branch for more information about the ARN or the RPP by emailing Belina Caissie at [email protected].
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.