During these times, the volunteers in our communities deserve our gratitude now more than ever. And the Alberta Northern Lights Volunteer Program gives them the recognition they deserve.
Individuals and groups from across the province can be nominated for the program if they:
- contribute unpaid service to the community through formal or informal volunteering
- demonstrate community spirit
- serve as a role model for others in their community
Volunteers who are selected through the program will:
- be profiled on the Alberta.ca website
- receive a letter of recognition from the Minister of Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women
Volunteering during COVID-19
Learn about volunteer opportunities and how to stay safe.
On July 30, she was recognized for preparing care baskets and delivering them to those in need in her community.
On July 27, they were recognized for offering online programs for youth with teen instructors, and for hosting nation-wide talent shows.
On July 23, she was recognized for being part of a team that hosts free weekly meals and for helping deliver donated meals to those in need.
See all the outstanding Albertans who have been recognized by this volunteer recognition program.
Nominate a volunteer
Honour the contributions of an amazing individual or group.