During these times, the volunteers in our communities deserve our gratitude now more than ever. And the Alberta Northern Lights Volunteer Program gives them the recognition they deserve.
Individuals and groups from across the province can be nominated for the program if they:
- contribute unpaid service to the community through formal or informal volunteering
- demonstrate community spirit
- serve as a role model for others in their community
Volunteers who are selected through the program will:
- be profiled on the Alberta.ca website
- receive a letter of recognition from the Minister of Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women
Volunteering during COVID-19
Learn about volunteer opportunities and how to stay safe.
On December 14, she was recognized for leading various initiatives to help people cope during COVID-19.
On December 10, they were recognized for their online campaign to support local restaurants struggling during COVID-19.
On December 7, they were recognized for helping the food bank continue to help those facing food insecurity during COVID-19.
See all the outstanding Albertans who have been recognized by this volunteer recognition program.
Nominate a volunteer
Honour the contributions of an amazing individual or group.