During these times, the volunteers in our communities deserve our gratitude now more than ever. And the Alberta Northern Lights Volunteer Program gives them the recognition they deserve.
Individuals and groups from across the province can be nominated for the program if they:
- contribute unpaid service to the community through formal or informal volunteering
- demonstrate community spirit
- serve as a role model for others in their community
Volunteers who are selected through the program will:
- be profiled on the Alberta.ca website
- receive a letter of recognition from the Minister of Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women
Volunteering during COVID-19
Learn about volunteer opportunities and how to stay safe.
On May 30, she was recognized for organizing 'birthday parties on wheels' to deliver birthday wishes from a distance.
On May 29, they were recognized for delivering meals to self-isolating community members including seniors.
On May 27, she was recognized for sorting food and packing bags and hampers at her local food bank.
See all the outstanding Albertans who have been recognized by this volunteer recognition program.
Nominate a volunteer
Honour the contributions of an amazing individual or group.