- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Get vaccinated: Everyone 55+. Many 16+ with health conditions. Walk-ins for AstraZeneca.
Every day, volunteers across the province are helping to improve the lives of Albertans and make our communities stronger. Volunteers are the heart of our community, whether they’re:
- supporting recreation and cultural programs that enhance our daily experiences
- working on the frontlines to deliver services to those in need or during times of crisis
The Alberta Northern Lights Volunteer Program gives these volunteers the recognition they deserve – and a chance for you to say ‘thank you.’
Individuals and groups from across the province can be nominated for the program if they:
- contribute unpaid service to the community through formal or informal volunteering
- demonstrate community spirit
- serve as a role model for others in their community
Volunteers who are selected through the program will:
- be profiled on the Alberta.ca website
- receive a letter of recognition from the Minister of Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women
Volunteering during COVID-19
Learn about volunteer opportunities and how to stay safe.
On April 15, she was recognized for picking up and delivering donation items to local charities.
On April 8, they were recognized for working to help the homeless in Spruce Grove.
On April 1, they were recognized for giving their time to brighten the lives of long-term care residents.
See all the outstanding Albertans who have been recognized by this volunteer recognition program.
Nominate a volunteer
Honour the contributions of an amazing individual or group.
Alberta Northern Lights Volunteer Recognition Program
How to volunteer
For contact information, visit Volunteering during COVID-19.