Every day, volunteers across the province are helping to improve the lives of Albertans and make our communities stronger. Volunteers are the heart of our community, whether they’re:
- supporting recreation and cultural programs that enhance our daily experiences
- working on the frontlines to deliver services to those in need or during times of crisis
The Alberta Northern Lights Volunteer Program gives these volunteers the recognition they deserve – and a chance for you to say ‘thank you.’
Individuals and groups from across the province can be nominated for the program if they:
- contribute unpaid service to the community through formal or informal volunteering
- demonstrate community spirit
- serve as a role model for others in their community
Volunteers who are selected through the program will:
- be profiled on the Alberta.ca website
- receive a letter of recognition from the Minister of Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women
Volunteering during COVID-19
Learn about volunteer opportunities and how to stay safe.
On June 17, they were recognized for delivering essential supplies to Calgary’s homeless and advocating for change.
On June 10, they were recognized for making and donating unique personal protective equipment for frontline workers and vulnerable Albertans.
On June 3, she was recognized for using her musical talent to bring joy and support to her community in times of need.
See all the outstanding Albertans who have been recognized by this volunteer recognition program.
Nominate a volunteer
Honour the contributions of an amazing individual or group.
Alberta Northern Lights Volunteer Recognition Program
How to volunteer
For contact information, visit Volunteering during COVID-19.