Every day, volunteers across the province are helping to improve the lives of Albertans and make our communities stronger. Volunteers are the heart of our community, whether they’re:
- supporting recreation and cultural programs that enhance our daily experiences
- working on the frontlines to deliver services to those in need or during times of crisis
The Alberta Northern Lights Volunteer Program gives these volunteers the recognition they deserve – and a chance for you to say ‘thank you.’
Individuals and groups from across the province can be nominated for the program if they:
- contribute unpaid service to the community through formal or informal volunteering
- demonstrate community spirit
- serve as a role model for others in their community
Volunteers who are selected through the program will:
- be profiled on the Alberta.ca website
- receive a letter of recognition from the Minister of Culture and Status of Women
Volunteering during COVID-19
Learn about volunteer opportunities and how to stay safe.
On June 23 she was recognized for her volunteerism with various organizations in the Calgary area.
On June 16, they were recognized for helping Stony Plain and area residents struggling through the storms of life.
On March 10, they were recognized for repairing and restoring donated bicycles and distributing them to those in need.
See all the outstanding Albertans who have been recognized by this volunteer recognition program.
Nominate a volunteer
Honour the contributions of an amazing individual or group.
Alberta Northern Lights Volunteer Recognition Program
How to volunteer
For contact information, visit Volunteering during COVID-19.
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.