COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
Intake status: On hold – Applications to register with the program are not being accepted.
Ministry responsible: Indigenous Relations
To apply for the Alberta Indigenous Intern Program (AIIP), applicants must have experience with Indigenous people, projects or communities.
During the 2-year internship, Interns will:
- spend the first 6 months working in a provincial government ministry
- spend 6 months working with an Indigenous community partner, or one that serves a high number of Indigenous people
- return to a provincial ministry for the final 12 months
- applicants must have graduated from an accredited university / college in the last 2 years
- must have experience with Indigenous people, projects or communities
- additional qualifications may be required depending on the specific position
Annual intake for the AIIP can be found on the Alberta Public Service jobs page.
Connect with Indigenous Relations:
Address for Indigenous Relations mail/courier:
Alberta Indigenous Relations
Indigenous Economic Security Councils
10th Floor, Forestry Building
9920 108 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2M4
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.