The Alberta Crime Prevention (ACP) grant funds projects or programs for up to 2 years.
- The project or program must focus on direct delivery of services or supports for crime prevention or community safety and well being.
- Programs or initiatives keeping youth out of gangs or helping youth get out of gangs are included.
Grants provide funding from $25,000 to $150,000 per year (2022-23 and 2023-24).
Applicants must be located in Alberta and one of the following:
- a registered not-for-profit organization or charity in good standing
- a First Nation or Metis Settlement
- a municipality
- a community–focused police program or service
- a community group with a designated fiscal agent
- organizations that received the Gun & Gang Violence Action Fund (GGVAF) Youth Gang Prevention Community Mobilization Grant and are at the implementation phase
- academic institutions
- for-profit organizations
- Crown corporation or publicly funded institutions
What the grants are for
Grants from $25,000 to $150,000 per year (2022-23 and 2023-24) are available for Alberta-based programs or projects that:
- explore or use innovative, promising or proven crime prevention practices
- enhance or create prevention activities for people at risk of becoming involved in criminal activity
- prevent crime or add public safety measures for vulnerable people or communities targeted by crime
- strengthens or adds capacity to an existing program or initiative
Examples of programs, projects or initiatives include:
- direct delivery of programs for crime prevention or community safety and well-being services or supports
- direct delivery of youth gang prevention and exit programs, services or supports
- activities to build the skills, knowledge and resources or capacity of an organization or community so they can deliver crime prevention or community safety and well-being programs like:
- development and delivery of information, training and resources or tools
- public education and awareness
- one-time initiatives addressing new issues and trends in crime prevention
- implementation of a public or community safety plan including training and equipment
How to apply
The application period is now closed.
After you apply
You will get confirmation within 10 business days we received your application.
Contact Community Initiatives Supports if you do not get confirmation within 10 business days.
Connect with Community Initiatives Support:
Community Initiatives Support
10th Floor South, John E. Brownlee Building
10365 97 Street NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 3W7
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.