Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
Affordability Action Plan – Payment changes
The inflation relief act is now in force to make life more affordable. Your monthly AISH benefit payment has gone up and you will automatically get an additional $100/month for 6 months starting January 31. Learn more
- You have a medical condition that substantially limits your ability to earn a living.
- Your medical condition is likely to remain permanent.
- There is no medical treatment, therapy, rehabilitation or training available that will help improve your ability to earn a living.
- You are at least 18 years old and not eligible to receive an Old Age Security pension.
- You live in Alberta and are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- You are not in a correctional facility or some mental health facilities such as Alberta Hospital Edmonton.
- You meet financial eligibility criteria.
Find out more about eligibility
What you may get
Depending on your situation, you may get:
- a monthly living allowance – money to pay for your living costs such as food, rent and utilities
- a monthly child benefit – money to assist you with raising your dependent children
- health benefits – assistance to cover health needs for you, your spouse or partner and your dependent children
- personal benefits – money over and above your monthly living allowance for specific needs such as a special diet or assistance in an emergency
Find out more about what you get
- AISH reviews applications in the order they are received.
- Applicants who are receiving end-of-life palliative care and/or have been diagnosed with a terminal illness are prioritized.
- Application processing times vary depending on the number of applications AISH receives from Albertans and how quickly we get all the financial and medical information we need for each person’s application.
Report suspected fraud
Report fraudulent behaviour or abuse of funds.
For more information
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.