The following Working Well information resources are available free of charge. Contact us to get free copies.
Regular updates on what's happening in the Working Well program.
The following fact sheets can be found at Working Well: Clean Water Protected.
- Issue 1 – Ten Ways to Protect Your Well and Groundwater Supply
- Issue 2 – Water Well Design and Construction
- Issue 3 – Shock Chlorinating Your Well
- Issue 4 – Plugging Your Well
- Issue 5 – Upgrading Your Well in a Pit
- Issue 6 – Over-pumping Your Well
- Issue 7 – Measuring Well Water Levels
- Issue 8 – Well Owner Responsibilities
- Issue 9 – Drilling a New Well
- Issue 10 – Private Sewage Systems
- Issue 11 – Gas in Your Water Well
- Issue 12 – Taking Water Samples
- Issue 13 – Maintaining Your Cistern
- Issue 14 – Water Treatment for Well Owners
- Issue 15 – Protecting Your Well From Disasters
- Issue 16 – Cross Connections and Your Well
- Hidden Waters (Inside Education video)
- Shock Chlorination – Part 1 (YouTube video)
- Shock Chlorination – Part 2 (YouTube video)
- Taking Water Samples (YouTube video)
- Water Testing Log Sheet (PDF, 40 KB)
- Well Management Log Sheet (PDF, 41 KB)
- Working Well Poster (PDF, 377 KB)
Well owner survey
On behalf of the Working Well program, the University of Alberta conducted a water well owner survey to learn more about the stewardship practices of private water well owners in Alberta, including factors that may encourage or discourage stewardship.
A report summarizing the survey findings and recommendations, prepared by the University of Alberta, is available:
To book a Working Well workshop or order copies of program resources, contact the AEP Information Centre.