The following Working Well information resources are available free of charge. Contact us to receive your copies today.
Fact sheets for the Working Well program can be found on the Open Government Portal at:
The fact sheets provided on the Portal are as follows:
- Issue 1 – Ten Ways to Protect Your Well and Groundwater Supply
- Issue 2 – Water Well Design and Construction
- Issue 3 – Shock Chlorinating Your Well
- Issue 4 – Plugging Your Well
- Issue 5 – Upgrading Your Well in a Pit
- Issue 6 – Over-pumping Your Well
- Issue 7 – Measuring Well Water Levels
- Issue 8 – Well Owner Responsibilities
- Issue 9 – Drilling a New Well
- Issue 10 – Private Sewage Systems
- Issue 11 – Gas in Your Water Well
- Issue 12 – Taking Water Samples
- Issue 13 – Maintaining Your Cistern
- Issue 14 – Water Treatment for Well Owners
- Issue 15 – Protecting Your Well From Disasters
E-Learning and Videos
- E-Learning Module "How Your Well Works" (flash player required)
- Hidden Waters (Inside Education video)
- Shock Chlorination – Part 1 (YouTube video)
- Shock Chlorination – Part 2 (YouTube video)
- Taking Water Samples (YouTube video)
- Resource List(PDF, 298 KB)
- Water Testing Log Sheet(PDF, 40 KB)
- Well Management Log Sheet(PDF, 41 KB)
- Working Well Poster(PDF, 377 KB)
Well Owner Survey
On behalf of the Working Well program, the University of Alberta conducted a water well owner survey to learn more about the stewardship practices of private water well owners in Alberta, including factors that may encourage or discourage stewardship.
A report summarizing the survey findings and recommendations, prepared by the University of Alberta, is available:
- Alberta Water Well Survey: A Report Prepared for Alberta Environment- Dec 2010 (116 pages, 6.9 MB)
Regular updates on what's happening in the Working Well program.
Alberta Agriculture and Forestry offers a comprehensive list of links to information, contacts and resources for water well owners.
You can also download a copy of the Working Well program resource list with related links to a variety of water well information sources. The resource list can be found under the Other Resources section on this page.