COVID-19 Updates: Protecting Albertans from the Omicron variant.
Thank you for getting vaccinated!
- Who's eligible: Albertans 18 or older could get a one-time payment if they got their first or second dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine between September 3 and October 14.
- How to register: Registration closed October 14 at 11:59 pm.
- How to claim: A $100 debit card will be mailed to your address. Everyone who has registered by the deadline and has a valid vaccination as outlined in the eligibility and rules will receive a debit card.
Eligibility and rules
The $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Incentive Program is open to all Alberta residents who register to receive an incentive reward and meet the eligibility criteria of the program. The following persons are ineligible to receive an incentive reward:
- Members of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta and members of their households
- Political staff members appointed pursuant to the Premier’s and Ministers’ Staff Employment Order (OC341-2020) and members of their households
- Employees of the Alberta Public Service who are directly involved in design or administration of the $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Incentive Program, and members of their households
- Contractors, subcontractors, or employees of contractors or subcontractors who are directly involved in design or administration of the $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Incentive Program, and members of their households
- The $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Incentive Program is only open to Alberta residents who register and meet all the eligibility criteria of this program.
- A registrant who meets all the eligibility criteria of the $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Incentive Program will receive a $100 prefilled debit card or such other reward as may be specified in these rules.
- A registrant must be 18 years of age or older at the time of their immunization and have received either their first or second vaccine dose between September 3, 2021 and October 14, 2021.
- A registrant must have received their first or second vaccine dose at a vaccine provider located in Alberta. Vaccine providers in Alberta also include those who provide vaccines to registrants on a First Nations reserve, Metis Settlement, and locations or institutions under the administration or control of the Government of Canada.
- Registrants must have a MyAlberta Digital ID (MADI) account and register to receive an incentive reward card by completing the form provided through their MADI account.
- Albertans who do not have a MADI account will be required create a MADI account into order to be able to receive an incentive reward card. An Albertan may register for an incentive reward card using either a verified or an unverified MADI account.
- Registrants must complete the registration form using the name, gender, and date of birth on their Government of Alberta-issued Alberta Personal Health Card.
- A registrant must enter the date, between September 3, 2021 and October 14, 2021, on which they received their first or second dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
- No registrant will receive more than one (1) $100 prefilled debit card.
- It is the responsibility of the registrant to provide a correct mailing address at the time of entry.
- A registrant may be asked to provide further proof of residency in Alberta, or further proof of immunization, as determined by the Government of Alberta, prior to receiving their incentive reward debit card.
- A registrant will have their immunization status verified before they can receive their incentive reward. The verification will include comparing the vaccination date provided by the registrant with the vaccination date and other information in the Alberta Health immunization database in order for the registrant to be provided their incentive reward.
- Where the vaccination date provided by the registrant does not match the vaccination date and other information in the Alberta Health immunization database the registrant will not be eligible to receive an incentive reward.
- A registrant will be required to consent that their submitted personal information and health information to receive an incentive reward as per the $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Incentive Program can be collected, used, and disclosed, in accordance with Alberta’s privacy legislation, by the Government of Alberta and its incentive program administration contractors for the purpose of verifying the registrant’s eligibility to receive an incentive award in the $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Incentive Program and for the purpose of mailing the incentive reward to the registrant.
- No additional health information will be collected, used or disclosed by the Government of Alberta, its employees or contractors for the purposes of the $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Incentive Program without the prior consent of a registrant.
- Incentive rewards must be accepted as awarded.
- The Government of Alberta reserves the right to substitute an incentive reward or component with another of comparable value.
- Refusal to accept the incentive reward releases the Government of Alberta from any obligation toward the registrant.
- Multiple entries and entries that are submitted or attempt to be submitted by way of any automated program or by an entry method not authorized by these rules shall not be eligible for an incentive reward.
- The Government of Alberta reserves the right to amend the incentive program rules or terminate the incentive program at any time without liability to any registrant. Any amendments to these rules will be posted on alberta.ca/VaccineDebitCard.
- By entering you agree to abide by the incentive program rules and the decisions of the Government of Alberta, as applicable with regard to this incentive program.
- In addition to these General Rules, incentive rewards issued by an incentive program administration contractor (the issuer) may be subject to any rules or conditions imposed by that issuer for the registrant to use the issuer’s incentive award.
- Registrants by accepting an incentive reward hereby release the Government of Alberta and the Government of Alberta’s incentive program administration contractors from any liability or loss resulting from the registrant’s use, loss or theft of the incentive reward.
- The Government of Alberta and the Government of Alberta’s incentive program administration contractors, assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries into the $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Incentive Program. The Government of Alberta and the Government of Alberta’s incentive program administration contractors are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. The Government of Alberta and the Government of Alberta’s incentive program administration contractors are not responsible for any injury or damage to person registering for the $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Incentive Program or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Incentive Program. Individuals who register for the $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Incentive Program assume liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Incentive Program, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive the incentive reward. The Government of Alberta and the Government of Alberta’s incentive program administration contractors assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Incentive Program cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Government of Alberta and the Government of Alberta’s incentive program administration contractors , such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Incentive Program and the website used to register for the $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Incentive Program.
- Government of Alberta, for incentives of cash equivalent value of $100 (or less), may: (a) substitute the above rules as to verification of identity, residency, and vaccine status, and, (b) require the registrant to sign a written acknowledgement prior to awarding the applicable incentive: (i) confirming the registrant’s information on their registration is accurate, (ii) providing consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information and health information for the purpose of verifying vaccination status and, (iii) agreeing that, if the Government of Alberta subsequently determines that the registrant was not eligible for the incentive awarded, the registrant will be required to pay the Government of Alberta the cash value of the awarded incentive, as well as any costs of recovery, and that the Government of Alberta may pursue any other remedies allowed by law.
Terms and conditions and cardholder agreements
Vaccines are safe, effective and vital for us to get back to normal. They make our immune systems stronger to help prevent and fight off diseases. Get vaccinated to protect yourself and those around you.