Tree cutting for personal use

How to get a non-commercial tree cutting permit, and rules and maps for harvesting firewood, transplants and Christmas trees.

Services and information

Albertans can purchase non-commercial permits to harvest wood in designated Crown land areas.

Get a permit and know the rules for cutting down your own Christmas tree on Crown land.

Before buying a TM66 permit for personal use, you must choose the Alberta Forest Area where you will be using your permit.