COVID-19 Updates: Protecting Albertans from the Omicron variant.
All tender opportunities and results are advertised on the Alberta Purchasing Connection website. For more information, see consulting and tendering opportunities.
There are 2 mandatory requirements for contractors to bid on Alberta Transportation's highway, bridge, and water management tenders:
- Registration with Alberta Corporate Registry. For information on registration of your corporation, contact Corporate Registry at 780-427-2311.
- The contractor must be safety certified through a Certificate of Recognition (COR) or a valid Temporary Letter of Certification (TLC).
These requirements are solely the responsibility of the bidder and may take time to obtain.
Alberta Transportation is committed to establishing and maintaining a safe workplace for consultants, contractors and government employees.
The department requires most contractors and consultants working on department contracts to have safety certification that is recognized by the Alberta government.
A COR, TLC or Certificate of Recognition Equivalency Letter (COREL) issued by the Alberta Construction Safety Association are acceptable.
A small employer's certificate of recognition is not acceptable.
A valid COR or TLC is a mandatory requirement for the following types of work:
- all construction services work for highways, bridges and water management projects
- all highway/bridge maintenance
- all consulting agreements, where the work is classified to be high hazard as defined in the Occupational Heath and Safety Regulation
For information about obtaining a COR, TLC or COREL, contact the Alberta Construction Safety Association.
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.