All tender opportunities and results are advertised on the Alberta Purchasing Connection website. For more information, see consulting and tendering opportunities.
There are 2 mandatory requirements for contractors to bid on Alberta Transportation's highway, bridge, and water management tenders:
- Registration with Alberta Corporate Registry. For information on registration of your corporation, contact Corporate Registry at 780-427-2311.
- The contractor must be safety certified through a Certificate of Recognition (COR) or a valid Temporary Letter of Certification (TLC).
These requirements are solely the responsibility of the bidder and may take time to obtain.
Alberta Transportation is committed to establishing and maintaining a safe workplace for consultants, contractors and government employees.
The department requires most contractors and consultants working on department contracts to have safety certification that is recognized by the Alberta government.
A COR, TLC or Certificate of Recognition Equivalency Letter (COREL) issued by the Alberta Construction Safety Association are acceptable.
A small employer's certificate of recognition is not acceptable.
A valid COR or TLC is a mandatory requirement for the following types of work:
- all construction services work for highways, bridges and water management projects
- all highway/bridge maintenance
- all consulting agreements, where the work is classified to be high hazard as defined in the Occupational Heath and Safety Regulation
For information about obtaining a COR, TLC or COREL, contact the Alberta Construction Safety Association.