Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
For general information on the Temporary Foreign Worker Program, see the Government of Canada.
Temporary Foreign Worker Advisory Office
Alberta’s Temporary Foreign Worker (TFW) Advisory Office helps temporary foreign workers, international students (with work authorization) and employers understand their rights and find solutions to situations involving unfair, unsafe or unhealthy working conditions.
Services provided by the office include:
- responding to complaints, questions and requests for information
- assessing reports of abuse and making referrals to the correct authority
- this includes helping temporary foreign workers who are experiencing abuse to complete applications for open work permits such as the Vulnerable Worker Open Work Permit
- working with agencies to ensure safe, fair and healthy workplaces
- helping temporary foreign workers find resources
- outreach services across Alberta, including
- facilitating information sessions for temporary foreign workers, international students (with work authorization), employers and other stakeholders
- arranging in-person appointments with clients
- helping clients understand their rights and responsibilities while working and living in Alberta
All services are free and confidential.
Online information sessions
The TFW Advisory Office also offers online information sessions for temporary foreign workers, international students and employers.
Participants have the opportunity to learn about office services, available resources, their rights and responsibilities and ask questions to an advisor.
Email: [email protected]
Temporary Foreign Worker Helpline
You can contact the Temporary Foreign Worker Helpline toll-free throughout most of the world at 1-877-944-9955, with the following exceptions:
- China (North): 108007141500
- Chine (South): 108001401372
- Mexico: 0018005145713
- Philippines: 18001110151
- Thailand: 0018001562045713
For information, support and referrals, see Resources for Temporary Foreign Workers.
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.