Temporary Foreign Workers Advisory Office
Alberta’s Temporary Foreign Worker (TFW) Advisory Office helps temporary foreign workers, international students (with work authorization) and employers understand their rights and find solutions to situations involving unfair, unsafe or unhealthy working conditions.
Advisory offices are located in Calgary and Edmonton along public transportation routes for easy access. Clients can contact an advisory office by calling, via email or by visiting in person.
Services provided by the office include:
- responding to complaints, questions and requests for information
- assessing reports of abuse and making referrals to the correct authority
- working with agencies to ensure safe, fair and healthy workplaces
- helping temporary foreign workers find resources
- outreach services across Alberta, including
- facilitating information sessions for temporary foreign workers, international students (with work authorization), employers and other stakeholders
- arranging in-person appointments with clients
- helping clients understand their rights and responsibilities while working and living in Alberta
All services are free and confidential.
Online information sessions
The Temporary Foreign Worker Advisory Office also offers online information sessions for temporary foreign workers, international students and employers.
Participants have the opportunity to learn about office services, available resources, their rights and responsibilities and ask questions to an advisor.
South location - Calgary
Suite 150, 717-7 Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 0Z3
North location - Edmonton
2nd Floor, 9925 Building
9925 109 Street NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2J8
Temporary Foreign Worker Helpline
You can contact the Temporary Foreign Worker Helpline toll-free throughout most of the world at 1-877-944-9955, with the following exceptions:
- China (North): 108007141500
- Chine (South): 108001401372
- Mexico: 0018005145713
- Philippines: 18001110151
- Thailand: 0018001562045713
For information, support and referrals, see Resources for Temporary Foreign Workers.