- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Get vaccinated: Everyone 55+. Many 16+ with health conditions. Walk-ins for AstraZeneca.
Alberta students are entitled to welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environments that respect diversity and nurture a sense of belonging and a positive sense of self.
Alberta Education worked with school authorities and stakeholders to develop standards for seclusion and physical restraint, as well as guidelines for time-out in schools. These standards and guidelines are a basis for school authorities to develop policies, procedures and practices, effective November 1, 2019.
- Guidelines for time-out in Alberta schools (PDF, 595 KB)
- Ministerial Order #42/2019 (PDF, 120 KB)
- Supporting safe schools for students and staff (October 23, 2019)