- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Get vaccinated: Everyone 55+. Many 16+ with health conditions. Walk-ins for AstraZeneca.
Between 1893 and 1996, more than 134 residential schools operated in Canada. These were supported by the federal government and often run by churches and missionary organizations. In Alberta, the Indian Residential Schools Settlement Agreement recognized 25 residential school locations.
There are a number of programs and services that can help you learn about residential school sites, including:
- research, recognition and location support
- archaeological information
- access to archival and other records on residential schools and associated cemeteries
- curated exhibits at the Royal Alberta Museum
- access to grants to help with your research
A resource guide has been developed to assist researchers, former students, survivors, survivor groups or communities to research and recognize residential school sites:
Connect with an Aboriginal Consultation Advisor:
2410 AMEC Place
801 6 Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 3W2