Report mandatory Cervid farm information

Register elk, deer or moose farm data with the province and complete associated transactions online.

Explore pages in:

Cervid tracking system

The Cervid Farming System tracks elk, deer and moose on Cervid farms across Alberta.

Alberta Cervid producers are required by law to report farm information to the Alberta government.

Registered users

You must be an enrolled external partner to access the: Cervid Farming System.

If you are not a registered user, you need an assigned user name and password which can be on be obtained from the Inspection and Investigation Section:

Phone: 780-422-1472
Toll free: 310-0000 before the phone number (in Alberta)

Forgotten password

Email: [email protected] a password replacement request and within 48 hours a new password will be provided.

Production farm licences

Domestic Cervid

A person must be licensed under the Livestock Industry Diversification Act and associated Domestic Cervid Industry Regulation in order to own and operate a Domestic Cervid Production Farm in Alberta.

A prospective Domestic Cervid Production Farm must meet certain criteria before a licence will be issued such as handling facilities and fencing requirements.

  • annual inventory reports and velvet antler reports must be submitted annually as outlined in the manual as well

A Domestic Cervid Production Farm Licence costs $100 and is valid for 5 years.

A person can apply for a licence to operate a Domestic Cervid Production Farm by calling 780-422-1472 to get an application form.

Contact 310-FARM

Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Toll free: 310-FARM (3276) (in Alberta)
Phone: 403-742-7901 (outside Alberta)
Email: [email protected]

Sign up for Agri-News