Non-profit organizations can book meeting spaces on the 11th floor of the Edmonton Federal Building.
- Spaces are booked on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Government of Alberta business takes priority.
- The rental of an individual room doesn’t allow for exclusive use of the 11th floor of the Edmonton Federal Building. Other events may occur at the same time.
- Meeting spaces can only be used by non-profit organizations.
- Not-for-profit organizations must register under the Societies Act within the Province of Alberta.
Types of functions
- 11th floor meeting rooms can be booked for meetings, or events such as receptions or fundraisers.
- These spaces are not available for private functions such as weddings, wedding receptions or birthday and retirement celebrations.
Meeting spaces can be booked Monday to Friday evenings (immediately following Alberta government hours of business – 8:15 am to 4:30 pm).
Plan your visit
How to request a meeting space
Applications must be received 4 weeks in advance of the requested date.
Step 1. Read our booking policies
Applicants requesting facility use must send in a fully completed Facility Use Application form (320 KB).
Use of space
- Use of the space by the Alberta government takes priority and could result in an applicant’s approved event being rescheduled. Every effort will be made to accommodate a new date.
- The space can only be used for the purpose stated on the Facility Use Application form.
- If you wish to change the purpose of the room you must submit the request in writing to: Director, Meeting and Conference Facilities for consideration.
The rental rate is found on the Facility Use Application form. A $100 deposit is due upon signing of the agreement. The total rental amount is due 10 business days prior to the event.
Food and beverages
- You must use the on-site caterer, no exceptions.
- Catering arrangements will be made directly with the Meeting and Conference Facilities staff.
- Cancellations prior to 10 business days of the scheduled event will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations within 10 business days of the scheduled event will receive a refund of the amount paid minus the deposit.
- Should the event require rescheduling due to Government of Alberta priority and an alternate date can’t be agree on, a full refund will be returned to the applicant.
Step 2. Review facility details and fees
- Rental rates include the use of the space booked.
- The rental of a space doesn't allow for exclusive use of the 11th floor. Other events may occur at the same time.
- All spaces include access to wireless internet and the use of a laptop.
- Meeting rooms will be rented and charged based on a minimum of 2 hours.
- Catering is not included in the rates.
- GST is applied to all costs.
Rental fees and capacity
Fees for each room all amount to $200.
11th Floor Hosting:
- 50 person capacity
- 18 person capacity
- 8 person capacity
- 7 person capacity
Step 3. Complete an application form
Download and print the completed Facility Use Application form (320 KB). Fill out and sign the form.
Step 4. Collect supporting documents
As part of the application you must include:
- proof of registration under the Societies Act within the Province of Alberta
- proof of liability insurance in the amount of $2,000,000
Step 5. Submit your application
Scan the completed form and supporting documents. Email your application and files to:
Only email applications are accepted.
Step 6. After you apply
Upon approval of your application, we’ll send you a “Memorandum of Agreement” for signature:
- return the signed agreement with a $100 deposit
- only cheques are accepted, payable to ‘Government of Alberta’
- the total rental amount is due 10 business days prior to the event
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.