COVID-19 Updates: Taking steps to return to normal.
These STANDATA bulletins are for interpretations, clarifications, recommended practices or provincewide variances on codes and standards matters related to the Safety Codes Act or on related topics.
Private sewage code bulletins are available through Open Government records.
Variance under the Safety Codes Act are available through Open Government records.
- Notice: Alberta Private Sewage Standard of Practice 2021 Update Training
- Notice: Alberta Private Sewage Systems Standard of Practice 2021
- Notice: Remediation of existing sewage treatment systems
- Notice: Restructuring of Safety Code Council variance Policy 9.8. Enabling Group B – Plumbing Safety Codes Officers and Local Authorities
- Notice: Certification for Plumbing and Private Sewage Disposal Systems, September 2017
- Notice: Private sewage systems update – CRC PSDS Working Group and Deadline for Renewal – July 2017
- Notice: Certification for Plumbing and Private Sewage Disposal Systems
Receive bulletins by email for interpretations, clarifications, recommended practices or province wide variances on codes and standards matters related to the Safety Codes Act.
Forms and reports
- Incident Report form (PDF, 173 KB)
- Installer Application for Certificate of Competency (PDF, 73 KB)
PDF form issues
Fillable PDF forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save the form:
- Save the PDF form to your computer – click or right-click the link and download the form.
- Open the PDF form with Adobe Reader. Fill it in and save it.
Contractors must have a current certificate of competency to obtain permits for private sewer system design and installations in Alberta.
Contractors who currently hold a Private Sewage Certificate or a Restricted Private Sewage Certificate are also qualified to obtain permits for sewer and water services in Alberta.
Connect with us if you have questions about safety codes:
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.