COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
These STANDATA bulletins are for interpretations, clarifications, recommended practices or provincewide variances on codes and standards matters related to the Safety Codes Act or on related topics.
Private sewage code bulletins are available through Open Government records.
Variance under the Safety Codes Act are available through Open Government records.
- Notice: Restructuring of Safety Code Council variance Policy 9.8. Enabling Group B – Plumbing Safety Codes Officers and Local Authorities
- Notice: Certification for Plumbing and Private Sewage Disposal Systems, September 2017
- Notice: Private sewage systems update – CRC PSDS Working Group and Deadline for Renewal – July 2017
- Notice: Remediation of existing sewage treatment systems
- Notice: Certification for Plumbing and Private Sewage Disposal Systems
Receive bulletins by email for interpretations, clarifications, recommended practices or province wide variances on codes and standards matters related to the Safety Codes Act.
Forms and reports
- Incident Report form (PDF, 173 KB)
- Installer Application for Certificate of Competency (PDF, 402 KB)
Contractors must have a current certificate of competency to obtain permits for private sewer system design and installations in Alberta.
Contractors who currently hold a Private Sewage Certificate or a Restricted Private Sewage Certificate are also qualified to obtain permits for sewer and water services in Alberta.
For questions about safety codes, see Safety codes – Contact options.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.