Public Offering Notices and Results
Public Offering Notices and Results, provides access to Public Offering Notices and subsequent Sales Results, including Metis Results, as well as any changes made to the notice. Most documents are available in Text, Adobe PDF and Comma-Delimited (CSV format, for importing into spreadsheets and databases) file formats. Public offerings are sometimes referred to as sales.
A 2 year sales schedule (PDF, 14 KB) is available for each posting request acceptance period, and the corresponding public offering notice publication and sale dates for Crown petroleum, natural gas, and oil sands rights. and calendars for sale dates and submission of posting requests and bids for Crown petroleum and natural gas rights. The sales wall calendar (PDF, 182 KB) shows public offering sale dates for Crown petroleum, natural gas, and oil sands rights. Sales statistics can now be found under About Tenure.
There are 3 types of direct purchase requests:
- The Portion type is where there is both Crown and non-crown mineral rights ownership in the spacing unit. If you control the freehold minerals by title or an active lease, you can lease the Crown portion. There are some restrictions which are explained in the Posting Rules. A statutory declaration is required by the Department as confirmation that you control the freehold minerals.
- The Complementing Rights type is where the lessee of an oil sands agreement can lease the associated natural gas rights that match the oil sands zones.
- The Single Substance type is where you have either the petroleum or the natural gas in an active agreement and you can ask the Department to lease you the other substance. Your existing agreement will be amended by adding the other substance.
Regional average price per hectare for last 6 sales
For information on using this regional average to determine the cost of a private sale, see Information Letter 2017-21 (PDF, 89 KB), this is updated Fridays following the public sale.
|Sale date||Plains $/ha||Northern $/ha||Foothills $/ha|
|As of March 18, 2020||$69.71||$146.65||$396.25|
|As of March 4, 2020||$78.77||$158.33||$191.79|
|As of February 5, 2020||$85.86||$130.78||$191.79|
|As of January 22, 2020||$93.14||$119.68||$191.79|
|As of January 8, 2020||$94.36||$105.51||$126.80|
|As of December 18, 2019||$94.16||$101.88||$68.82|
Subscribe to receive petroleum and natural gas sales information
A subscription list for petroleum and natural gas sales information allows users to manage their information, you can subscribe to pngsales or unsubscribe from pngsales. A notification will be sent by email at the time of publishing for each list, this subscription includes; Public Offering Notices, Public Sales Results, Metis Public Sales Results, Advance Bookings and Notice of Change (Amendments/Withdrawals).
Connect with the Petroleum and Natural Gas Tenure division:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Phone: 780-644-2300 with the following menu options:
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Sales
- Agreement Continuations
- Validation and Rentals
- Crown Land Data, Petrinex and ETS Accounts
- Registration of Transfers and Encumbrances
Toll free: 310-0000 before the phone number (in Alberta)
Energy Bidding – firstname.lastname@example.org
Energy Crown Land Data – email@example.com (general inquiries)
Energy PNG Continuations – firstname.lastname@example.org
Energy Postings – email@example.com
Energy Rentals – firstname.lastname@example.org
Energy Transfers – email@example.com
Energy Unit Agreements – firstname.lastname@example.org
Energy Well Administration – email@example.com
Environment and Parks GLIMPS – firstname.lastname@example.org
Petroleum and Natural Gas Tenure
North Petroleum Plaza
9945 108 Street*
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2G6
*Couriers, please report to the 2nd floor.