COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
We gathered input to inform the development of a surface water quality management framework for the North Saskatchewan Region to ensure Albertans continue to have access to abundant supplies of clean water.
These surface water quality management frameworks will identify clear objectives for managing surface water quality in the North Saskatchewan and Battle rivers, and consider the impacts of all development activities in the watershed on water quality.
Your input will help us better understand the priorities and concerns of Albertans who live, work and recreate in the region.
June 22 to September 17, 2021
Results under review
Who is listening
Ministry of Environment and Parks
Feedback was collected through an online survey from June 22 to September 17, 2021.
Thank you for your input. We are currently reviewing feedback.
A webinar was held on July 6 and featured a 45 minute presentation followed by a 45 minute question and answer session.
Watch the webinar to learn more: North Saskatchewan Region Surface Water Quality Management Framework.
We met with Indigenous communities and organizations to ensure their perspectives were heard and that a new framework reflects Indigenous values.
We met with key stakeholder groups during the engagement.
Read the resources or watch the video below to learn more about environmental and surface water quality management frameworks:
- Cumulative Effects Management and Environmental Management Frameworks Factsheet (PDF, 98 KB)
- Surface Water Quality Management Frameworks Factsheet (PDF, 376 KB)
- North Saskatchewan Region Surface Water Quality Management Framework: At a glance (PDF, 380 KB)
- Draft Ambient Surface Water Quality Indicators for the North Saskatchewan Region (PDF, 61 KB)
- North Saskatchewan Region Map (PDF, 441 KB)
- Video: Episode 5 – Environmental Management Framework
- Webinar: North Saskatchewan Region Surface Water Quality Management Framework
Your feedback will help contribute to the creation of a surface water quality management framework for the North Saskatchewan Region under Section 14 of the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act until subsequent incorporation under a regional plan and the Alberta Land Stewardship Act.
Last updated: September 17, 2021