COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
Use the Apply Online tool to start the process of applying for services and benefits.
If you have not completed a Find Supports session, you can only apply for one service or benefit at a time. To apply for more than one, you will need to complete a Find Supports session first. This will help you find all of the services and benefits that may help you and your family.
- From the myAlbertaSupports home page, click on the ‘Apply Online’ icon.
- Log in – Log in or create an account. You will be redirected to My Alberta Digital ID.
- Choose applications – Choose the services and benefits you want to apply for. If you have not completed the ‘Find Supports’ questions, you can only choose one.
- Add household members – Enter information about your household members and select the applicants.
- Answer questions – Answer the application questions and review your answers. This step repeats for each service or benefit you are applying for.
- Review all applications – Review your applications a final time and make any needed changes.
- Submit applications – Submit your applications.
- Follow next steps – Next step instructions are given for each application. You must follow the next steps to complete your application. We cannot review your applications until you have completed the next steps.
- Alberta government reviews your applications – After you have completed the next steps, your application is reviewed to see if services and benefits you applied for can help you.
How to apply
Step 1. Log in
You can only have one application in-progress. If you would like to create a new one, the in-progress application must be deleted.
- Session time out – If there is no activity for 20 minutes, your session will automatically time out and you will have to start again. Save the information as you go.
Step 2. Choose applicants
The household members you choose as an applicant depends on the services and benefits you are applying for. Follow the guidelines for each of the services and benefits below when making your choice.
- Family Support for Children with Disabilities (FSCD) applicants – Household members under 18 years with a disability.
- Feepayer applicants – Household members who need to keep their Employment Insurance (EI) benefits while attending full-time training that they are paying for.
- Full-Time Learner (Learner Income Support) applicants – Household members 18 years and older who need help paying for approved full-time training such as academic upgrading, language courses or job skills training, and basic needs like food, clothing and shelter while taking the training.
- Income Support applicant – The household member 18 years or older who is most likely to be working. Only one applicant should be selected.
- Part-Time Learner (Skills Investment Bursary) applicants – Household members 18 years and older who need help paying for approved part-time training.
- Persons with Developmental Disabilities (PDD) applicants – Household members 18 years and older with developmental disabilities.
Step 3. Household: Add or remove a person
Add a household member
From the Household information page: answer ‘Yes’ to ‘Do you want to add another person to your household?’ and click ‘Next’.
From the Summary page: click the ‘Add Another Person’ link found in the top right of the ‘Your Household’ table. Questions will be asked for every person you add.
Remove a household member
Answer all household questions until you reach the Household Summary page.
Click the ‘Delete Person’ link located in the top right of the ‘Your Household’ table.
Continue a saved application
To continue a saved application:
- Log in to your account.
- Click ‘My Applications’.
- Find the application under ‘In-Progress Applications’.
- Click ‘Continue’.
Delete your application
Delete an in-progress application
To delete an in-progress application that is saved to your account:
1. Log in to your account.
2. Click ‘My Applications’.
3. Find the application under ‘In-Progress Applications’.
4. Click ‘Delete’.
Submitting your application online is just the first step. After submitting your application, you will see important ‘Next Steps’. Follow the instructions to complete the application process. Next Steps are different for each application.
After next steps are completed, your application will be reviewed to see if you are eligible for services and benefits
To find your Next Steps:
- Log into your account.
- Click ‘My Applications’.
- Under ‘Submitted Applications’, click on ‘Next Steps’ for each application.
To get the status of your application, contact Alberta Supports.
You will need your application reference number.
Application reference number
A reference number is created when you submit your application. It will show up on the screen when you submit your application and in your application documents. These documents are found in the My Applications tab of your account.
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.