Wildfires have resulted in evacuations in some communities. Learn more.

Municipal property assessment – Complaints and appeals

Property owners who are concerned about their assessment can file a complaint with their municipality’s assessment review board.


To ensure property owners have a voice in the property assessment system, the Municipal Government Act allows property owners to submit complaints and appeals when they have concerns about their assessment.

To obtain information on your property assessment or on filing a complaint, contact your municipality at the address or telephone number printed on your assessment notice or tax notice. Your municipality may also provide detailed information on their website.


Assessment review boards

Assessment complaints involve filing a complaint with your municipality's assessment review board. The type of property the complaint is about will determine the type of assessment review board that will hear your complaint.

Assessment review board members and clerks must complete the approved training program.


Assessment Services Branch

Connect with us