Services and information
You may purchase a report that shows the history of a vehicle in Alberta.
You can search for motor vehicle information under specific circumstances.
The Registrar announces decisions and notifications to the public related to Access to Motor Vehicle Information.
You may request specific motor vehicle information to serve court documents.
Applies to the release of personal motor vehicle information for certain owned and leased Volkswagen, Audi and Porsche diesel vehicles.
There are two general categories of data that can be obtained:
- General motor vehicle data
- this data is public information
- this is in the form of a Vehicle Information Report
- contains information for vehicles
- does not provide personal information about current or previous owners of the vehicle
- Protected motor vehicle data
- this data is personal information
- can only be requested by clients legally entitled to ask for it under the Access to Motor Vehicle Information Regulation (AMVIR)
- a driver abstract is an example of protected information
For detailed information and instructions on how to apply for an AMVIR Agreement if you need to obtain protected motor vehicle data please refer to the document below or contact a registry agent for assistance:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)